A tree is an investment that gives back in benefits for decades. But with hundreds of trees to choose from, how do you decide which is best for your location? At this workshop you will be guided through the process of selecting a tree that will thrive on your property. We’ll go through the decision making process looking at some of these questions.
· Do I want shade, privacy, spring flowers, fall colours or winter interest?
· Do I want to attract songbirds?
· Is the soil dry or is it damp?
· How close can my tree be to the house or power lines?
· What’s the best time to plant and prune?
· How do I take care of it once it’s been planted?
Come to learn and ask questions in this engaging, interactive workshop. After the presentation, join us for a walk around the neighbourhood to see examples of successful (and less successful) plantings.