ABOUT THE SHOW
Sid has been transferred all over the country and knows she’s bad. Brit is in for something she claims she didn’t do. Kit has made some “bad choices” and is tormented by her secrets. The Guard has a job to do. Meanwhile, kids are growing up, waiting for bad moods to pass, and for their parents to come home.
This powerful new work by Charlotte Corbeil-Coleman reveals the complex ways in which our prison system affects generations of women and how thin the line can be that separates those of us who are on the inside vs. those of us who are on the outside of Corrections.
Guarded Girls was originally commissioned by Green Light Arts to humanize women navigating both sides of Canada’s Corrections system. Both Tarragon Theatre and Green Light Arts developed the play. Tarragon Theatre produced the World Premiere in-association with Green Light Arts in Toronto, Mar 26, 2019 – May 5, 2019.
Warning: Strong language, mature themes, nudity.
A TARRAGON THEATRE PRODUCTION IN-ASSOCIATION WITH GREEN LIGHT ARTS
A new play from Governor General’s Literary Award nominee, Charlotte Corbeil-Coleman
$30 | General Admission (plus HST)
$22 | Student / Senior (65+) (plus HST)
* Please bring ID with you to the theatre
- Wed. May 8, 2019 | 7:30pm
- Thurs. May 9, 2019 | 7:30pm
- Fri. May 10, 2019 | 7:30pm
- Sat. May 11, 2019 | 2:00pm
- Sat. May 11, 2019 | 7:30pm
- Sun. May 12, 2019 | 4:00pm
- Tue. Wed 14, 2019 | 7:30pm
- Wed. May 15, 2019 | 7:30pm
- Thurs. May 16, 2019 | 7:30pm
- Fri. May 17, 2019 | 7:30pm
- Sat. May 18, 2019 | 2:00pm
- Sat. May 18, 2019 | 7:30pm
- Sun. May 19, 2019 | 4:00pm
The Registry Theatre
122 Frederick St
Kitchener, ON N2H 2L9
FREE PARKING in the Region of Waterloo parking lot beside the theatre.
- Playwright CHARLOTTE CORBEIL-COLEMAN
- Director RICHARD ROSE
- Assistant Director AUDREY DWYER
- Performers COLUMPA BOBB, MICHAELA WASHBURN, VIRGILIA GRIFFITH, and VIVIEN ENDICOTT-DOUGLAS
- Lighting Designer ANDRE DU TOIT
- Set & Costume Designer JOANNA YU
- Sound Designer THOMAS RYDER PAYNE
- Fight Director and Intimacy Director SIOBHAN RICHARDSON
- Stage Manager NATASHA BEAN SMITH
Green Light Arts gratefully acknowledges support from the following funders: Canada Council for the Arts, Ontario Arts Council, City of Waterloo, City of Kitchener, Downtown Kitchener BIA, The Kitchener-Waterloo Community Foundation (FUEL), The Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (FUEL). Green Light Arts further gratefully acknowledges support from the following community partners: Community Justice Initiatives, Stride Program, Canadian Association of Elizabeth Fry Societies, Waterloo Region Crime Prevention Council, University of Waterloo.
Funding for the initial development and 2015 & 2016 workshops of Guarded Girls was provided by Canada Council for the Arts and the Waterloo Region Arts Fund. Tarragon Theatre gratefully acknowledges the support of the Stavro Family Foundation towards the World Premiere in Toronto.