Rain gardens differ from conventional gardens because they are dug out and filled with a special soil/compost mixture, enabling the garden to act like a sponge. Learn step by step how to construct a rain garden to maximize its ability to capture water, while also enhancing and beautifying your outdoor space!
Join us anytime between 12pm – 4pm. Everyone is welcome to help out or just come to observe the process! Regardless, please remember to wear closed toed shoes and dress for the weather!
A TIMELINE OF THE DAY’S EVENTS
(times are approximate)
- 12:00 pm – 12:15 pm: Presentation about rain gardens
- 12:15 pm – 1:30 pm: Digging out the rain garden
- 1:30 pm – 2:15 pm: Refilling the rain garden with special soil/compost mix
- 2:15 pm – 3:15 pm: Planting plants, adding mulch, watering plants
- 3:15 pm – 4:00 pm: Cleaning up