Envision the Future of Education: Teaching Unity in Diversity
Welcome to the Spirtual Heritage Education Network’s (SHEN) 11th Annual Conference! Envision the Future of Education: Teaching Unity in Diversity
This conference examines the what, why, and how of contemplative education — a model of education that helps develop a spirit of unity in diversity. What is contemplative education? What can we learn from other disciplines that are using it? How can educators use it in their classrooms?
SHEN has a draft proposal that requires your contribution. The proposal is a culmination of years of convening and writing. It brings together the research and ideas of prior SHEN presenters and conference participants. The proposal will be shared with education stakeholders to generate greater knowledge about these ideas so that they can be integrated in educational curricula worldwide.
Join us at this year’s conference where you will:
- Learn what contemplative education is and the important role that it plays in depolarizing our world
- Be heard and have your ideas considered for incorporating into the proposal
- Build a lasting network with like-minded people from around the globe
- Gain exposure as a contributing changemaker and open doors for professional opportunities
- Be an associate of the proposal’s journey to policy change
Contemplative education can change lives! We would love for you to journey with us and contribute to needed change! We need you to tell us what works with the proposal, and how we can strengthen it. This is a working conference comprised of four online sessions. While we will miss seeing you in person, we are thrilled that this online forum allows people from across the globe to join!
Saturday, September 26 (10:00am – 12:30pm, EDT)
- Introduction to the Spiritual Heritage Education Network (SHEN)
- Sharing of SHEN’s work over the past 20 years’ contemplative education
- The proposal to re-envision and redesign education
Sunday, October 4 (10:00am – 12:30pm, EDT)
- What is holistic science?
- The convergence of metaphysics, scripture, and modern science
Saturday, October 10 (10:00am – 12:30pm, EDT)
- Why contemplative education?
- What does it help us see and learn that we can’t from traditional education models?
- How do we get there?
- Examples of contemplative education from the past and present. How does it inform our work?
Sunday, October 18 (10:00am – 12:30pm, EDT)
- Overview of conference working sessions to date and next steps for the proposal
- Integrating contemplative education in educational models worldwide and implications for public policy
Agenda for each session:
- 10:00am — 10:10am: Introductions
- 10:10am — 11:00am: Presentation and comment/reflection on key theme
- 11:00am — 11:15am: Break
- 11:15am — 12:30pm: Curated discussions